Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon again...Cooking time ?

Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to give salmon another try tonight, but this time it is with guests. The filet I have is 1.5 inches thick. I am going to use the maple syrup/butter and ragin river. What temp and for how long on each side. I was thinking ~350-375* on a rasied grid for 20 minutes, then flip and go for 5 more minutes. Sound close to correct?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Steve-B,
    Your scenario sounds like it would be good, depending on how you like your fish. Nice thing about salmon is it is good served medium rare, but also nice when cooked well all the way through. Cook it til it gets a nice brown crust (evenly on both sides) and just until it firms up and is not jello like. 20 minutes per side is probably too long at 375, but at 325 I am thinking it'll be just right with those times. [p]General rule I use is the thinner the filet, the hotter and faster the cook. But yours sounds pretty thick, so I probably would stay under 350.[p]Just some idears. The clock just chimed beer thirty, and I am doin' pizzas tonight!
    Enjoy your cook, and your meal!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ