Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Marinade / Directions

Options
ugagrillerVII
ugagrillerVII Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last year I did a Beef Tenderloin based on a recipe fromt the forum (had a picture in it). I seared both sides for about 90 seconds, wrapped it in foil... brought the temp down and cooked for 10 minutes each side (or something like that)... anyway, I can't seem to find it. Any help? I know the marinade had whisky in it as well?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Does this help? Happy Holidays!

Beef, Tenderloin, Drunk and Dirty, Amini1

This is from Smoke & Spice, one of the best cookbooks around...

INGREDIENTS:
    Marinade:
    1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    1/2 cup Bourbon or other sour mash whiskey
    1/4 cup Worcestershire
    2 Tbs Packed Brown Sugar
    1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
    4 Clove Garlic
    Main Course:
    2 lb Beef Tenderloin or other cut
    2 Tbs Coursely Ground Black Pepper
    1 tsp Ground White Pepper
    1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    Smoking wood - Oak, Pecan, Hickory - careful not to overdo it

Procedure:
    1 Combine ingredients down to the garlic with 1/2 cup water and marinate beef for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
    2 Remove beef from fridge, reserve marinade and cover beef with ground peppers. I don't measure, I just be sure to completely cover both sides with black and then crack the white not quite as liberally.
    3 Put half the marinade in fridge and add the vegetable oil to the other half if mopping. If not mopping just put all the marinade in fridge.
    4 Heat mop(if using) to a boil for a few minutes and keep warm on low.
    5 Put beef on smoker indirect at low temps...225 to 275 and cook until almost done...1 1/2 to 2 hours for a tenderloin, 45 minutes or so for a flank...in between for other cuts. Mop every 20 minutes for larger cuts; for flanks mop once.
    6 When almost done remove from grill and bring grill up to sear temps. Put steak back on when grill is 500 degrees or so for about 1 minute per side. You're just trying to get a nice char but not too much.
    7 Remove steak and let sit at least 5 minutes but closer to 10 is fine. While resting bring reserved marinade to a boil for a few minutes then lower to low and reduce by about one quarter.
    8 Slice and either drizzle marinade over or serve on side for guests to drizzle themselves.

Recipe Type
    Beef, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Amini1, 2008/11/22
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I'm hungry now! :side: :silly: