Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Pork Chop Recipe--It\'s a Keeper!

Options
BigDaddy - OCT
BigDaddy - OCT Posts: 773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I got inspired again. This time by Chris of http://www.nibblemethis.com/ and when I saw a posting of his chops I knew I wanted to come up with something that looked like his but with different flavors.

With a blend of soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, green onion, brown sugar, and red chili flakes I think I've found a keeper. I made a second batch of the marinade and simmered it to reduce it to a glaze. It gave a great color and additional flavor. My girls love it so that's all that really counts.

Here's the before shot. The slaw is very thin slices of bell pepper and red onion with pink sea salt, black pepper and a drizzle of Aji-Mirin. One bowl had sliced jalepeno and one didn't.
CameraPics171.jpg

Here it is off the grill. The skewers were the left over small end of the pork loin that I marinated in World Harbor's Jerk Sauce. They were good but not as good as the chops.
CameraPics169.jpg

The veggies were grilled on the other egg. It was zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus. They were drizzled with olive oil and then Tsunami Spin, black pepper, pink salt and some of the marinade I reserved before adding it to the meat. I also addes a sprig of rosemary to the fire just before putting them on.

This one is to all the great cooks on here that keep me inspired to try something new!!

Salute!

Bruce

Comments