Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket -- wish me luck!!

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's on -- my first brisket. I'm so confident in the egg, I invited people over for three PM tomorrow. I found a 10 pound whole brisket at Albertson's, soaked it in Buttermilk (idea from the forum) for 48 hours then drained it and liberally coated in the Tsunami stuff (also found on the forum) for 24 hours or so. Then heated the egg to 250 and plugged in the BBQ Guru (recommended on the Forum) Used a plate setter, placed a drip pan under the grill filled with thick sliced oranges and water (idea derived from the forum) and added the brisket fat side up at 10:30 pm.
It is now 11 PM (Saturday night Live is on) I figure I will keep tight watch for another hour (time to settle back with a dirty martini and contemplate the results) and maybe get up in the middle of the night (being an old fart, I will need a urine break anyway) and see how things are going. At the estimated 1.5 to 2 hours per pound, I figure it shoud be ready for the foil and cooler treatment well before the 3pm deadline with ample time for recovery if things go slower.

Comments