Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentine's Day

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was just thinking about what to make for Valentine's Day dinner. That reminded me that most folks enjoy going out for dinner. Since we've been enjoying the BGE for the last few years, we seldom go out to eat any more, and we haven't enjoyed a restaurant meal as much as anything done on the Egg.[p]Okay, talked myself out of dinner out.[p]Then I'm thinking, gee--all those Zales and DeBeers ads are wasted on me. Rather than a diamond, I'd rather have my carbon in the form of charcoal for cooking. Much more fun. I guess I'm pretty low maintenance.[p]Cheers, and don't forget...Valentine's Day is Saturday.
Gretl[p]

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Do you have an unmarried sister? LOL![p]Frosty Ones!
    Jim

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Gretl,
    haven't you heard the latest add from de beers???[p]"diamonds. .. that'l shut her up.. . for a minute". ..[p]frankly, i don't think my wife would be very humored, even as much as she likes my eggfood, by a bag of lump charcoal. . .she'd probably shove a large piece of lump where the sun don't shine, and say "here, squeeze this!!". [p]LOL and happy valentines day

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Gretl,
    How about prime rib on the egg, twice baked & loaded mashed potatoes on the egg, some green veggie (to be named later - probably asparagus) and a salad of field greens with crumbled blue cheese. That's what I'm doin for my honey - my wife of 12 years :o}>[p]Oh, I forgot my home made cheesecake. [p]PS: Have a Happy One whatever you do!!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LinkPhoto?GUID=4c24312e-1c48-7141-5aab-65944a136819&size=lg
    <p />Smokin Joe,
    i was at costco last night, bought a 9 lb top loin that i will butcher into 2 inch thick steaks. . .rubbed with olive oil and coated with dizzy cowlick and kosher salt, then trex'd, along with some tsunami spin shrimp. .. .[p]this'l win her over. . ..

• Gretl
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Well, you KNOW I was kidding, just a little....thanks for the laugh!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Gretl,[p]Sometimes you just gotta go raw for Valentine's..... [p]We have reservations at my favorite restaurant. It's going to be a sushi night and the only smoke on our food might be the unagi.[p]Hope you and your sweetie have a great Valentine's![p]john[p][p]
  • WooDoggies,
    I'm a thinking the same thing Mr Slim...it's not always just about the food anyway...we all know we can turn out better things on our bge...it is nice sometimes not to have to cook and enjoy your meal knowing you can then just go home a jump in da sack. Looking forward to all the above and in that order.

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Chet,[p]I like the way you think.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Gretl, I was thinking of some of that left over Smoked Chocolate from Halloween, and a few bottles of wine (for her)I'll stay with the lipton iced tea

• Shoosh
    Shoosh Posts: 19
    Options
    Gretl,
    My wife, being the coonass she is, wants a crawfish boil. Ain't nothing better than spicy mudbugs and a pretty woman. She has had plenty of eggin' with a pork shoulder, chicken and pork chops this week. It's time to break out the King Kooker and use up that propane.[p]Shoosh

• Gretl
    Options
    Shoosh,
    You certainly know how to paint a romantic picture!
    Cheers,
    G.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    John,
    You dirty old man. LOL[p]Regards,
    Bordello Bob

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, That's lookin mighty fine!!! My wife thinks I've lost my mind with all the different thing I want to try on the egg. You all inspire me![p]BTW - If you are a red wine drinker you really want to get yourself a bottle of (and I'm going to butcher the spelling) Chateauneuf de Poupe. It's a french red from the rhone area of France - Sam's has it for about $19.00 a bottle. Wine Spectator rates it (depending on the year) 90 to 96. A great value even at $20 p/bottle. Cheers! Joe

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]I'll second the recommendation on the wine...Chateuneuf de Papa is a wonderful red we tried not long ago with a lamb roast. Complemented the meat very well.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Here's a little more information for those who might be interested.....
    [ul][li]Chateauneuf-du-Pape[/ul]
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    QBabe, A women after my own pallet... :o}> Cheers! Joe

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Bob, it takes one to know one.[p]heeeee![p]

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Gretl, Finding soul-mate for life is the most special thing there is. It can move one to change from the small kiddie card section of cards to the area where the cards cost $4.99 or more! I am not really that old but have learned that a good long mushy verse card beats a funny one any day. This Saturday you can tell if it makes it by wether there are any tears and sniffles. It also covers any lack of gifts! If I had to do it all over again I would do it just the same way but with wife number 2. Have a good one