Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Witchy Red Rolled Stuffed Pork Loin

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did this last night with a small (1.4 lb) piece of pork loin (not tenderloin) and it came out just fabulous. I didn't measure while making the stuffing, but I think this is a pretty fair approximation. I'm sorry about no pix because it was very pretty. I'll definitely make this recipe again.[p]Witchy Red Rolled Stuffed Pork Loin[p]1 boneless pork loin, 1.5 lbs or more
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 C baby spinach leaves, packed
2 Tbsp chopped dried cherries, cranberries, currants, or raisins (or any combo of dried fruit)
2 Tbsp white wine
1/3 C leftover cooked rice
Salt and pepper to taste[p]In a small skillet, saute the garlic and onions until wilted.
Add the baby spinach, ginger, dried fruit, and white wine, and cook until the spinach is wilted. Let most of the liquid cook out. Add the rice; season to taste, and let cool slightly. It should not be soupy, as the rice should absorb any excess liquid.[p]Butterfly the pork loin and flatten it a bit.
Spread the filling, roll up the pork, and secure with string or butcher's net.
Lightly oil the roll and season it with Ken Stone’s Witchy Red Rub[p]Egg indirect on a raised grid at about 350 or so until internal temp reaches about 145.
Remove roll from Egg, wrap it in foil, and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
There should be plenty of juice in the foil to drizzle over the slices.[p]NOTE: The leftover rice I used was from the previous night's middle eastern dinner; to make it, I added a piece of cinnamon bark, a couple of whole cloves, some cardamom seed, and a couple of dried red peppers to jasmine rice while cooking. After it was done, I added a little heavy cream and some butter. This made for some very tasty leftover rice...but you certainly can use plain cooked white or brown rice, jazzed up or not.[p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments