Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need turkey help

Options
sbunker
sbunker Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to take a cooked turkey accross town to a family get together I really should have asked for the expert advice before I started this, but oh well.

I need some advice to make sure i am not about to have a problem. I purchased a fresh turkey on Sat. Sell by date was 27th. I started my brine on (Sun night). Allowed the brine to cool to 40 degrees.Then took the turkey from the fridge and removed the inner bag. Cavity still had ice in it, had to leave the neck bone inside. I completely submurged it in the brine. I put a thermometer in the brine sollution and put it back into the fridge. The temp went to 60 degrees. It took about 1.5 hours to get to 40. It brined for about 28 hours at 33 degrees. (Monday night)Then I removed it rinsed it with cold water, bagged it and back to the fridge. Then I read that it should sit out in the fridge. So on (Tues night) I removed the bag and it is sitting in the fridge right now (Wed. morning).

Questions:

Do I have to worry about food safety based on what was done?

Can I leave it another day and cook tommorrow?

If I cook today, whats the best way to store it for easy reheat and prep tommorrow?

Thanks for the help