Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

everyone love thermapen -but have you used this

SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 229
edited 8:29PM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone used this product

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/oven_temp_timer.html

New TW362B
The original version of this product has probably been the most widely chosen oven-cooking alarm in the market. It’s not easy to improve on that but we have. From customer comments, the most frequently suggested new feature has been an On/Off switch to save on battery life. (The old one couldn’t be shut off but batteries lasted months.) So, we’ve updated the housing to a more robust design and added a slide switch so the unit can be powered off. The proven circuit is the same and the button arrangement is slightly improved. The well-loved simplicity has been kept so you won’t need to find the instructions each time you set an alarm. The new stylish housing folds the display up for counter use or flat for less obtrusive magnetic mounting to an appliance door.

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,921
    yes I bought two of them a few months back when Cook's Illustrated recommended them. I have a couple similar models but the probes were fried and replacement probes were not reading right. At $19 those are real solid toys to have and you already know the reputation Thermoworks has! Besides that I also bought 2 extra probes while I was it - $8 probes that were designed for them makes sense!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • thanks
    i have had real issues with the ones from wall mart and target. I guess the base unit here would be good (due to company). I just need to keep some extra probes on hand.

happy thanksgiving
    steve