Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib Glaze

BBQ Bob TrudnakBBQ Bob Trudnak Posts: 197
edited 4:41AM in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a good rib glaze. I usually brush my ribs with my homemade BBQ suace at the end of the cook, but I am sick of the same old thing over and over. Any good glazes out there?

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Bob this isnt a glaze but it is very good.[p]Try pouring a large can (10 oz. I think) of chunked pineapple over the ribs including the juice. I have done this at the beginning of the cook and also when I wrap the ribs in foil when doing a 1.5/1.5/1 cook method. The pineapple really gives it a different flavour very similar to a polynesian flavour.[p]Paul
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,521
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    Howdy Bob. Hoisin works wonders on ribs. Beautiful color. Definitely different. Sometimes I mix with ketchup, rice vinegar...or maybe a tad lime juice.
    Just a thought
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    BBQ sauce and honey mixture, but be carefull the sugar content will burn quickly.[p]CWM

• Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    2 cups soy sauce, 1 cup honey, 3 seeded jalapenos,1/2 bunch cilantro,about 4 toes of garlic,juice of 1 lime, blend all together. Good Luck

• WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006
    Chef Wil,
    Holy Moly!!! This is right up my alley! I think I just changed tomorrows menu.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Great suggestions guys! I am going to try them all!
    I came up with one myself that I would like to share.
    Pomegranate juice, maple syrup and my home made Jack Daniels/Cranberry BBQ Suace. WOW! I tried this on Saturday and my guests loved it! [p]