Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Board Opinions and experience needed...serving Turduken for the Super Bowl

Options
Ohio Boy in DC
Ohio Boy in DC Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I normally have 40 people over but it's going to 60 this year. In addition to the Chili, Wings, and BBQ I usually Serve I was thinking of adding a Turduken...[p]Is it really good or is it just a novelty thing...[p]Certainly respect the expertise and palates that populate this board...

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    OB in DC:[p]Turducken is good, but I think for such a large crowd I would just stick with easier and less expensive food items like you have already mentioned. Plus, it is no fun being a slave at your own party.
    [/b]
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    abtgrill.jpg
    <p />Ohio Boy in DC,[p]Agree with post below - go with some more bite-size items. I highly suggest doing some ABTs. Grillmeister made some great ones at Eggtoberfest 2003 - check out his recipe on the Naked Whiz's website - look for the link to Bill Wise's cookbooks and it's in the Eggtoberfest 2003 Cookbook.[p]Pork tenderloins are also really easy and really inexpensive - you could do several of those and slice them up for snacking. [p]Check out the link below for how I've done ABTs and pork tenderloins in the past.[p]Good luck, that's a big crowd![p]TRex

[ul][li]ABTs on Mini[/ul]
  • La. Redneck
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Good morning,
    I agree. I tried the turducken for eight people for New Years. It was good. Great taste, easy to do. Easy to serve but it was not exciting like many of the other items you can create on the Egg. Everyone loved it but for the money, other items surpass it. Just the opinions from a REDNECK in LOUISIANA

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Ohio Boy in DC,
    I agree. To do Turduken for that many, even if only a taste, would be expensive and very time consuming. You might consider some pulled pork or something you can cook ahead of time and just keep warm.[p]Big crowd? Everyone pulling for one team?