Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

SpareRibs 3-1-1??

llrickmanllrickman Posts: 585
edited 9:39AM in EggHead Forum
Im cookin a rack of spareribs on the egg ive got it indirect at 250

I read once to try the 3-1-1 method for babybacks Does this work for spare ribs also?

3 hrs indirect, 1 hour wrapped in foil, then another hour indirect is this correct?

Thank you

Larry
One LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• MJF24MJF24 Posts: 146
    Basically, yes, but you will have to adjust the times. It'll probably be more like 3-2-1 or 3-1.5-1.5 for spares.
  • Or even 4-1-1. Which is what I did last time, actually last time was 5 raised direct, which was the bestt I've done, but 4-1-1 the time before was good too.

Doug
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Or forget all that and go 6 hours without opening the dome.
  • they went on at 2:45 i really need them done around 8 is my only problem. I tried getting them in earlier but didnt get home in time. It started out making dinner for the wife n i but now have some friends coming over bringing their young son who needs to get to bed at a decent time being a school night

their big but not extremely thick. I hope all goes well
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Larry,

Once you get to the foil stage bump the temp to 300* and you will be done on time.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON