Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bathroom remodel, project keeps getting bigger

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,770
edited November -1 in Off Topic
having only one bathroom i had some thinkin to do to figure a way to approach this project

DSC_0049.jpg

alot of thinking went on :laugh: :laugh:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

now theres no going back, showers out and installed in the attic, access by way of ladder :laugh: real fancy like.

DSC_0050-1.jpg

nice view from the shower room though

DSC_0051-1.jpg

any thoughts on how long this is going to take to finish, xmas, easter? should be getting the vanity in a few weeks, shower pan next week, toilet serving as extra seating in the living room for sundays game day.

DSC_0048.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    fishlessman,

I would suggest some insulation at least in the shower area. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options
    twas a little cold this morning B) big reason to get it done before xmas :laugh: duct taped the broken glass on the window to help stop the drafts :laugh: good thing im single, no woman would put up with this, drainpipe is thru the kitchen ceiling above the front door, piped over the fridge and down thru the kitchen floor into the basement, really beautiful work :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Options
    Women don't see the art in a well done ABS job.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options
    the woman at the granite counter place was pretty impressed though, i told her i had installed a 28 x 38 foot shower loft with a captains ladder. :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

LMAOROF!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like the extra game day chair and the shower view.

Kent
  • fishlessman
    Options
    cant wait for this project to be over, i want to start thinking about the kitchen :laugh: thank god the shopping part is alomost over, worst part of the whole project, cant stand walking around and looking at things
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

or paying for all the stuff. I need to replace the kitchen cabinets, but there is no sense of doing that until I replace the flooring, can't replace the flooring unless I replace the flooring in the dining room, that leads to the hall and then the front room.

Think I will read some more posts and not spend any money. The list never ends.

GG
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i know that feeling, my kitchen is just a stove, cutting block,fridge, and sink, needs serious work.bedrooms need to go up stairs to open the kitchen to a reasonable size, roof needs to be lifted to fit the bedrooms upstairs, stairs, now that would be nice to loose the ladder :laugh: took me 10 years just to bring the bathroom up to date and its only because a pipe broke when i was gone that lifted the floor and riuned the vanity, thinking maybe sheet rock to replace the plywood walls that the paper didnt stick to ;) pricey little room :ermm:
    fukahwee maine

• i like your pic of the beer bottles.

we lived in a house (as caretakers) that was available for rental. most people took their trash, though, so we never had to cart out their empty beer bottles (or bring them in for the nickel redemption).

but i had a massive collection in the basement from the five years we'd been there.

we had the board of directors come through the house once, and in the basement one of them asked "are those all yours?". thinking quickly i said "no, those are from the people who rent the place, i just haven't had a chance to take them to the redemption center".

the woman said "they ALL drank nothing but sam adams?"
  • fishlessman
    Options
    5 years... that must have been a huge collection. thats from the living room den and bedroom remodel,maybe 6 months weekends, was planning on making beer again ;) put in maybe 16 hours this weekend and it looks like nothings been done.
    fukahwee maine

• it was pretty substantial. first couple years i had made a couple trips i think to the redemption center, which was a quarter mile away. then they closed.

those old new England colonials have arched brick foundations under the chimneys. and i stored mine under the main chimney. it was a little room that conservatively was about 6 feet wide and 8 feet deep. i had it pretty much full.

sad thing is we left and i, um, left it there. that's bad because ONE i wasn't trying to make someone else do the dirty work, and TWO it was probably a pantload of nickels. :(
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    One if by land I guess?
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You'll get there,,, I did ;) Amazing how small jobs become full blown remodels :pinch:

teardown.jpg

gettingthere.jpg

bathroom.jpg
  • fishlessman
    Options
    your first pic is just about where i am right now, putting the rescessed lights in tonight so i can see what im doing. got the floor out and fixing the sub floor now, made it so i can pull the sink and hopper out in the morning and reinstall at night. shower and sink piping goes in the wall this weekend, another project that makes it look like nothing was done over the weekend :laugh: lot of work for such a small space. my upstairs shower room was 37 degrees this morning, going to need to add a drain in those lines to avoid freezeups ;) yours came out great, nice space
    fukahwee maine