Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome thermometer thought for upcoming T'day

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several years ago I got tired adjusting the clip on the dome thermometer so I grabbed one of the corks from one of my wife's wine bottles.

I cut it in half shaped the bottom of it to sort of fit the curve of the dome (a moment of type A thinking) and pushed the stem of the thermometer through the center of it.

It'll stay anywhere you put it and the cork hasn't burned yet.

Now I can adjust it easily anytime I want.

Still can't find my camera or I'd post a shot of it but, I'm sure ya'll (that sounds weird coming from a Yankee but . . . ) will get the idea quite easily.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Good Lord!! :laugh: What do you mean......it'll stay anywhere you put it!? Where in the He// have you been putting it? You probably picked up a little of that Southern talk after this ole Southern boy whipped you like a low-down cur in that chili throwdown.... :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    if it hadn't been for your henchmen stacking the votes for you you wouldn't have had a chance.

How you doing ol' fella?

Hey to Joan.