Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined Pork Chops

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I adapted this recipe from one printed in the LaCocina Italiano, June2002 by Chef Jose.[p]Brined Pork Chops[p]2 quarts Water
1/4 cup Kosher Salt
2 tablespoons Splenda (I'm a diabetic so I use Splenda when sugar is called for)
2 Tablespoons whole black pepper
1/2 tablespoon dried Thyme
2 Bay Leaves
4 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons New Mexico Ground red chili ( I added this on general principles)
2 Tablespoons Fennel Seeds (because I think fennel is good with pork)[p]Bring all above to a boil then simmer for ten minutes or so. Then cool to room temperature or below[p]I used a package of country style pork chops ftrom Costco (about 7 pounds)[p]Pour the cool brine over the pork and store at refrigerator temperature for 2 to 6 days. (mine were in for two days)[p]Bring egg to 450 to 500 degrees. Sear chops on each side. (Mine took about 5 minutes on each side) The stabilize temp and cook until done. Mine took twenty minutes more holding the egg around 400 degrees.[p]Results: Outstanding -- Think I will post it in Recipes