Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boy.. looking for recipe

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't seem to find a recipe for your Tsunami Spin chicken thighs. Is this because it's a secret recipe you compete with? I think I remember you saying something about that. If it's classified... understood.
Thanks!

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    ChickenOnSmall.jpg
    <p />Howdy Wardster
    Naw. Nuthin classified about those thighs (except maybe Qfan's brine recipe). I usually just shake on the rub pretty heavy, and cook direct on the upper grate at about 275 for an hour and a half or two hours. Sometimes if I don't have time to mess with flipping them, I will cook them indirect for the same amount of time...starting at 275 and slowly working up to 350 for the finish. Both ways make a good thigh....but they really need some time. [p]If I have extra time, I whip up a simple brine with some ginger, and brine them for 4 or 5 hours.[p]Sometimes I will make a sauce to brush on, or use a commercial sauce that doesn't compete with the rub. Most times I don't use any sauce at all. A simple mix of ketchup, hoisin, peanut oil and a squirt of lime juice, and some pepper is really nice....and what I used in this picture.[p]Thighs almost surely top my list of most consumed pieces of meat. Can't imagine ever getting tired of them.[p]Beers to you. Playoffs are on, and Gibbs is no doubt in the film room.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Outstanding!! Thanks man.[p]Too bad we let 48 get away... I can only imagine him running the 50 gut

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Are these thighs bone-in or boneless? Seems that recipe is different from your boneless recipe. You will be getting email or ph. call from me in next few days since I need a new supply of Dizzy Pig rubs. Happy New Year.[p]Ray Price

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Babyray,
    They are bone-in. I don't recall having a boneless recipe, as I always do bone in. But Qfan has been known to cook up some mean boneless thighs![p]Gimme a buzz anytime. I am usually around.
    Happy New Year back toya.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ