Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a new owner of a small BGE. What is the best way to make an indirect barrier for the small?

Comments

• ranger ray
    Options
    xxx, to get started just use a couple layers of aluminum foil...it won't melt....i use a triple layer of foil to use a disposable drip pan too....i just fold up the sides to form a pan...get a pizza stone too....works great.. or a hunk of plate steel from a scrap pile...i use coffee cans cut down to the correct height to raise my grid...or some times i use fire bricks if i want thermal mass...ray

• Coleslaw
    Options
    xxx,
    go to the local wally-mart (or similar) and pickup a cheap stoneware pizza dish, and in the grilling department they usually have various sizes of fire bricks. You shouldn't spend over $25 for the setup. The stoneware is nice, because it helps distribute the heat evenly, no hot spots.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    xxx,
    I have a description of an indirect setup for the small on my website, and also hope to have a second indirect setup on there this evening..If I can find the time...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    xxx,
    BGE sells a ceramic deep disk pizza dish that works well.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz