Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked cheese success

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Dan (DTM) for his suggestions on smoking cheese. I just completed my second batch of 6 one pound bricks of chedder and pepper jack cheese and the results have been better than I expected. My biggest surprise, other than how good the cheese is, was how easy it is to hold my large BGE to a steady 140°. Following Dan's suggestions, I started a small fire and added my smoking wood (cherry for the first batch, apple for the second). I used an inverted plate setter with my pizza stone setting inside the plate setter for added mass between the fire and the ice. Then a drip pan full of ice, the grill on the plate setter's legs and my fish grill with cheese setting on edge. I smoked them for about two hours, changing the ice in the drip pan about half way through. Simple and delicious! My family and friends are calling for more already! I have a feeling that I will be doing this often!

Comments