Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overdue 2003 Thanks - to Mac in NC

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As we all seem to be reflecting on the end of the year, I thought I should share an example of the comradery that makes this particular lump of cyber-space so great. Folks just seem to treat each other right around here. It is a very pleasant place to be.[p]A few months ago I was heading down to Raleigh for work and posted a message asking about how I might get my hands on some Maple Leaf lump charcoal. Lots of folks responded as per usual with responsive and helpful answers but the sad truth was that I learned the source had dried up and you couldn't get it anymore. Oh well, I posted, I'd never had it before. Almost immediately, Mac in NC said he had a bag or 2 that he was saving out in his shed. He didn't want to think that I would be deprived of trying something I wanted to try, so if I wanted to swing by he would be happy to share. I did just that (I think I woke the poor guy up - he was working the night shift at the time) and we had a nice chat for about a half hour in his kitchen about cooking, camping, just random stuff. How about that - a guy who didn't know me from Adam offering me some of his private stash that, not to be too dramatic here, is basically irreplaceable. Maybe folks who aren't into the whole barbecuing thing would wonder what the big deal is about somebody giving up a bag of burnt coal, but it was one of the nicest things somebody has done for me in a long time. All he asked in return was that I pay it forward, so to speak, and share the bounty from the maple leaf cooks with others. That I did, happily. [p]Thanks Mac - the bag is long gone but the sentiment remains. You're good people. Have a great 2004 and give me a shout if you're ever swinging through Richmond (maybe on your way to Waldorf.....).[p]This is just one example - everyone here is so helful with tips and pointers and I extend my gratitude to you all.[p]Have a happy new year everyone!![p]Jonathan[p]

Comments

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,[p] Thanks dude!! You didn't have to go and do all that!! However, I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the lump that much. I do have to pass part of the kudos to Naked Whiz though. He was the one that got me those last few remaining bags before the source ran dry. [p] As far as Richmond goes, I may have the opportunity to swing up that way in the upcoming months. I'm having back surgery at the end of January and it will be quite a few months before the good doc clears me to head back to the streets. Maybe my wife and I can plan a trip to the area and grab some grub at a local watering hole with you and the missus. What do ya say? [p] Hope you enjoyed your New Year's celebration as well. As always, I worked... Mac