Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holiday Cooking

Options
Zeke
Zeke Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greeting y’all from Disneyland on the Potomac. Just thought I’d chime in here on my holiday(s) cooking. For Thanksgiving, we fried our first turkey but to be on the safe side, I also cooked two-six pound roasters on the BGE. Never fried turkey before but my wife (Fang) just had to try it once and for all. While the fired turkey was good and succulent and a crowd pleaser, (about ½ dozen moochers and freeloaders in and out of my kitchen) the roaster from the BGE won hands down. [p]For Christmas, we did another roaster and a four bone in prime rib. Both were excellent using the Dizzy Pig rubs. I guess that I can sell the new turkey fryer. What I did try that was new for me was glazed carrots. I blanched four pounds of baby carrots on the stove and took ‘em to the BGE where I had an old iron pan. I melted 2½ sticks of butter, and threw in ¾ cup of brown sugar. Once the butter was melted, I added the carrots and about a 40 pistachios that I ground earlier in the day. I let the carrots cook for about 45 minutes (apple wood.) Once finished cooking, I added the rest of the pistachios to the top the carrots off. This was one of the best side dishes that I have ever attempted on the BGE. [p]For New Year we are doing my favorite, spare ribs and beef ribs. Anyway, that’s all the news from my neck of the woods.