Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky for an Englishman

Options
Coleslaw
Coleslaw Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
we met an English guy and his wife. He had never been skiing before, and begged me to take him up one of the 'bigger hills'. Being a good Yank, I obliged him, and on the way up I offered him some of the Green Egg Jerky I made to take with us (the best batch yet). He had never had jerky before, and really liked it. Somehow we made it down, and I left him for the last couple of runs for our vacation. As we were waiting for the bus, he cornered me and asked if I had anymore jerky, and I said sorry, no. He then said he was going to have to buy some and my wife piped and informed him that he wouldn't be able to find anything like that in a mini-mart!
Who knows, maybe they will start egging in jolly old England..

Comments

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Coleslaw, good on ya! The wife's family is English, don't usualy like a lot of spices. But they like the BGE cooking, as long as I go light on the hot spices.[p]I just made a batch of jerky weekend before last. Had been awhile since making some. The kids love it but I'm going to have to start making two batches - one hot, one not.[p]I wonder if the Queen has ever had some pulled pork, or ribs, or....a TRex cooked hunk-o-prime meat. Poor gal, she knows not what she is missing.[p]Did you give him info on the web site forum? They may be in for a Green invasion! Ha![p]LVM