Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork on the mini

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pp_mini.jpg
<p />Well, it smoked for about 4 and a half hours (2.5 lb pork loin ... couldn't find a small butt). The results were fantastic. I think the loin is a bit leaner than a butt. The finished BBQ had a nice quarter inch smoke ring and great flavor. I don't know how much longer the lump would have held out, but a full load did just fine![p]Smokey

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I may just try that on the mini. Have never done one and would like to start small and see if the family likes it! Did you put anything on him? (her?) (it?)[p]Although in retrospect, this does NOT sound like a typical Hanukkah meal![p]mShark
  • Smokey
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I did what has become the standard for me. Coat with mustard and, then add rub. This time I used someof Ken Stone's "Red Rooster".

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Smokey,
    Being as I have just ordered the new daisy wheel,new S.S. vent and the legs/stand for my Miss Mini, do you have the new hinge and if so what to you think of it????[p]
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• Smokey
    Options
    New Bob,[p]I have the one armed thing (you can actually see it in the picture). I like it more than the old one. Make it easier to use. The only difficult thing is the heat deflecter. I used a small 8 inch pizza stone. I also have a 2nd grill.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    MollyShark,
    did you see my post below about my channukah experiment. . .stuffed pork loin, with big green egg latkes. . . the latkes were definitely a keeper for this coming friday night, (although i'll probably due beef or chicken along with them). . ..