Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick and Easy

Options
Lill Prophet's Mom
Lill Prophet's Mom Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a suggestion for a quick and easy meal on the BGE? Something besides steak. I don't know what to fix for dinner tonight. Considering it's almost 5:00 I need something that's fairly quick.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

What do you have available?

Chicken, whole or parts
    Brats
    Beans & weens - pork and beans and hot dogs cut in cubes
    Hot dogs
    Burgers

Tub of potatoes, onions, some kind of peppers (bell or hotter all. Put some butter. Dome 350° for about when spuds and onions are soft and close to being done cover with cheese.

Grab some canned soup and put it in the egg with some smoking wood - good stuff.

Hunters Breakfeast - DO or big pot, small diced potatoes (hash browns), onions diced, break and stirr some eggs with a little milk then pour over the spuds & onions, cover with cheese and on the egg (no lid) 375° for 45 minutes to 1:30 hrs.

To make the Hunters Breakfast even batter take some bacon and mostly cook it in the pan, leaving a good amount of grease add the spuds & onions, & egg, then dice the bacon and put on top of the egg mix then cheese.

Choices are endless for a great meal.

GG
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Just took off a couple of Fatties and have some legs and wings ready to go. Quick and easy
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Lill Prophet's Mom,

My family loves the frozen fish in tempura batter (or breaded sticks) grilled and served on a kaiser roll with tartar sauce.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Another great cook.

Or, any other type fish, blackened. I think I will go get some catfish for dinner. You have me drooling Steve.

Kent
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Don't know how quick and easy it's going to be, but I am doing meat loaf tonight. As soon as the ground beef thaws. I rarely do meatloaf, but I'm in the mood. Have never done it on the egg, but it's an oven isn't it? :)

I think I'll have enough of the mix to set some aside for moink balls. Had no idea what these were, but now that I know, I HAVE TO HAVE SOME!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Sorry for the late post but you should always keep "Loney on hand.Slice about 1/2 inch thick, grill on both sides,Put on toasted bread with mayo and dijon mustard and your favorite cheese.Talk about YUMMMEEE!!! ;)
    RANKINGS=
    #1-Prime rib
    #2='Loney
    #3=Whatever!!!
    B);):whistle: