Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Mini BGE - good for indirect cooking?

Options
Fairalbion
Fairalbion Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have any fellow eggers configured and used a Mini BGE for indirect cooking? If so, please would you share your setup and technique? What materials did you use?
Regards.

--
Andrew (BGE owner since 2002)

Comments

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Fairalbion,Chef Arnoldi cooked next to me at Eggtoberfest and he had a plate setter for his mini he had made using 1/2 inch kiln posts and a tiny pizza stone. The kiln posts were both bolted and glued to the stone. Maybe he will post a photo and some indirect ideas...

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Fairalbion,[p]I've seen ribs done on one at eggtoberfest a few year ago. I just put a small butt on my mini a few minutes ago. I took some pictures and will post some pictures in a few minutes! I don't expect to report results for several hours.[p]My concern is having to reload lump. Earlier I found some 8 inch pizza stones to use as heat deflectors. I'll place a pizza stone on the main grill, place a drip pan on the stone and a second grill on top on the drip pan. Simple stup.
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Smokey,where did you get the 8 inch pizza stone?

• Smokey
    Options
    tn slagamater,[p]I foud 2 of tghem on eBay. They were something like $6 for a pair of them. Postage was another $6!
  • Smokey
    Options
    mini.jpg
    <p />Smokey,[p]Here's a picture of my setup. Dome temp looks steady at about 250. Now just wait and see!
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Smokey,
    Pretty cool!

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!