Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fairly Simple Table

SodakSodak Posts: 57
edited 4:01AM in EGG Table Forum
DSC_2820.jpg

My table - simple cedar 2x4 and 5/4 deck boards with stainless steel top. Easy to clean. :)

Comments

• Simplicity is good! Easy clean, durable top!Nice table.
  • GarneracGarnerac Posts: 134
    SS top is great!

SStable-12.jpg
  • GarneracGarnerac Posts: 134
    SS top is great!

SStable-12.jpg
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    i like it
  • How did you fashion the s.s. table top?
  • NanuNanu Posts: 5
    Good Question, where did you get the SS top? Looks great!
  • Again.....where did you get the ss top from? I am looking to do the exact same
    Tiocfaidh!
    Support 26+6=1 United Ireland
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,107
    Anyone that wants a stainless top, message me
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 617
    edited November 2018
    i like the table but you need to get an airgap under the egg between that and the table.  the paver is pointless it is basically a heat sync that will eventually burn through your table.  there a few things on the market, where are you located i might be able to help out there is something new getting ready to come out. 

EDIT: that comment is for both @Garnerac and @Sodak

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

• Perfect!!! 
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,949
    Great looking table, X2 on the air gap. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,256
    Kent8621 said:
    i like the table but you need to get an airgap under the egg between that and the table.  the paver is pointless it is basically a heat sync that will eventually burn through your table.  there a few things on the market, where are you located i might be able to help out there is something new getting ready to come out. 

EDIT: that comment is for both @Garnerac and @Sodak

I 100% agree. I made a paver with a 1/4" thick granite tile, 1/4" space made with silicone and another 1/4" tile. With the air gap between, I felt I would be good. I did a few 16 hour cooks and took a look. The wood under the tile was charred black. Another hour on my cooks would've had my table up in flames.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig