Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures of pets

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:

is that some type of spiney tailed iguana

A bearded Dragon, very people friendly. His name is Lawrence.

back in college i had a spiney tail, a water dragon, a sierra monitor, two emeralds and two old word chameleons.  the monitor was mean, broke thru a half inch thick glass tank and ate the 30 inch long iguana whole, then had my room mates hiding out on the kitchen table =)  dont mess with monti, he swallowed that lizard whole. liked the old worlds, they dont last long in a cage though

He is too small to let run free right now 4" body, he will grow to 20" he will be running free soon.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    some of the big dogs
    Would love to have wooden fences, in Arizona they wouldn't last one summer.  Out here we mostly use old oil pipe and sucker rods.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:

back in college i had a spiney tail, a water dragon, a sierra monitor, two emeralds and two old word chameleons.  the monitor was mean, broke thru a half inch thick glass tank and ate the 30 inch long iguana whole, then had my room mates hiding out on the kitchen table =)  dont mess with monti, he swallowed that lizard whole. liked the old worlds, they dont last long in a cage though

He is too small to let run free right now 4" body, he will grow to 20" he will be running free soon.
    looks like its gonna be a runner
    had one of these loose in the basement of a fraternity house for years, would go a half year before seeing him again, blended into the woodwork well. figure someone at a party snuck him out eventually

Flying Geckos Stock Photos  Flying Geckos Stock Images - Alamy

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    some of the big dogs
    Would love to have wooden fences, in Arizona they wouldn't last one summer.  Out here we mostly use old oil pipe and sucker rods.
    The wood is only around the stable.  The rest is high tension electric on 20 foot spacing. I like that for the view of the pasture from the house.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    some of the big dogs
    The wood is only around the stable.  The rest is high tension electric on 20 foot spacing. I like that for the view of the pasture from the house.
    A pasture!  Now I am really jealous.  All pellets and bales here.  Year round.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    some of the big dogs
    It's a job growing fescue in mostly gravel but it does help the feed bill. These big piggies will destroy a large round bale in 4 days
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    some of the big dogs
    It's a job growing fescue in mostly gravel but it does help the feed bill. These big piggies will destroy a large round bale in 4 days
    Yikes!  Ours 3 eat about 500lbs worth in 4 days.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:

That’s the best name ever!!!
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Here's looking at you, kid
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    People around here don't like to feed fescue to horses @frazzdaddy. I was thinking about tearing up my patch, putting it to wheat then a alfalfa/orchard grass blend next fall.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Cochon_Couyon
    Options

Baton Rouge, LA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    People around here don't like to feed fescue to horses @frazzdaddy. I was thinking about tearing up my patch, putting it to wheat then a alfalfa/orchard grass blend next fall.
    Not a grass expert, but my understanding is fescue is safe as long as you are not planning on breeding your horses in the near term.  Some fescues are safe for broodmares too.  There is a fungus or insect or something that can impact the reproductive bits.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Not a grass expert, but my understanding is fescue is safe as long as you are not planning on breeding your horses in the near term.  Some fescues are safe for broodmares too.  There is a fungus or insect or something that can impact the reproductive bits.
    You pretty much nailed it Ozzie. 0% chance anything breeds in my pastures anytime soon and it cuts my feed bill in half. My neighbor has 200 acres of fescue hay he sells out every year at 8.00$ a bale. 150 miles N or S and you are neck deep in horse country. Whole different ballgame then. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Dachshund 

Dachshund/Pitbull Mix

That was one brave dachshund with a step ladder.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Dachshund 

Dachshund/Pitbull Mix

That was one brave dachshund with a step ladder.

Dachshunds know no fear.  My Aussie didn't even know he was there.  After I chased the Dachshund off, he tried the same with a cat.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Dachshund 

Dachshund/Pitbull Mix

I had a dachshund, you are correct no fear!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Exactly! The Pitbull mix is way more timid and scared of everyday things and the Dachshund has no fear. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Exactly! The Pitbull mix is way more timid and scared of everyday things and the Dachshund has no fear. 

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,171
    Options
    PBRSmoker said:
    This is Blu drinking his morning ice coffee!!
    Lol, he looks a lot like mine. Czech line?

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

Hazel the GSP above who will lead me to an early grave.  Zelda below is the most tender souled mutt I’ve met.