Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amateur Radio

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Any other liscensed operators out there double as eggheads :woohoo:

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    QSL de N2BLY/4
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    This could give a whole new meaning to HAMFEST!!!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I was starting to think I was the only ham on here! KF4DIJ. I was talking on echolink two nights ago for the first time in about a year. I laid down in bed with the laptop and 5 minutes later was talking with a guy in Australia. Very cool!
  • WayneO
    WayneO Posts: 3
    Options
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

That's pretty funny. :)

I hope school is going well.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

echolink? I think it has been a long, long, long time since I have been on the air (low band). I once in a while listen to HF - 2m & 440. I have done CW but never did get very fast. I need to do some listening to see if I can even copy any longer.

I would have to look up my 1010 number and I think my OMISS number is 818.

Used to chase hard contacts using 2kw Heathkit on low bands as well as 100w and QRP. Some packet & some slow scan TV.

I have been looking at adding a KW-THF6A or one of the Yeasu's VX's. Not much use for a tri or quad bander out here, but those models have a lot of features. Mostly for emergency reasons.

There are 2 or 3 more hams on the forum, but I don't remember the forum handles or call signs. Probably get more information by posting on the other side of the forum.

My XYL's also licensed, but never has been very active.

Some of my grandkids are getting to an age where they might have interest in ham so I have been thinking of getting my station up again. I have some pretty fun QSL cards for age old contacts.

Kent