Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Culebra?

Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Anybody been there? Know anything about this place?
Thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    It's Spanish for snake. that's all I know.
  • Beautiful place between main Island of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands but part of Puerto Rico. We used to sit in the lawn chairs on a private beach all through the night and wait for the drug smugglers to come by(no Joke). Don't let that discourage you though The whole Caribbean is like that. It is much more tranquil than the main island, very few people live there. You will probably have to catch one of the water taxi's, a sea plane or other small plane to get there from the main island, I think it only had a small landing strip. There are only a few cars on the whole island and it only had 1 gas station. I used to live about 30-45 minutes (by boat) from there. It is great for snorkeling or diving or just plain relaxing. There is a lot more to do on the main island so if time allows Phosphorescent Bay near Cabo Rojo and El Yunque Rain Forest are a must see. In Luquillo there is a place the locals call the 50 bars where there is some of the best Puerto Rican food on the Island (a bunch of mom and pop joints). Old San Juan is a very historic town and the culture is very unique. Fort El Moro is right there at the entrance to San Juan Harbor which is over 400 years old. The old hotel where the movie "Assigns" with Sylvester Stalone" was filmed was near the cruise ship docks. There is so much more to do on the main island but if you are looking for tranquility then Culebra is the place. I would like to go back and visit some day.