Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small egg drip pan

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a couple of E mails asking about the set up I used on the small egg to include a drip pan. Anyway, I decided to add a "Tip" section to my website where I can include things like that setup. So there is now a picumentary of the raised grid / drip pan set up for the small egg there, with hopefully more helpful tips to follow as they unfold. Feel free to ask any questions if you need to.[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• WessB,[p]Your Welcome[p]Dave

• WessB
    Options
    Old Dave,
    I said Thanks in my post and gave credit to you, just trying to share with others. I certainly hope I didn`t offend you in any way. None was intended.[p]Wess

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    WessB, The pan seems to extend into area where lump could be piled. Has this impacted how long the small will burn? I like the idea of the pan since it could get chucked at end.
  • WessB
    Options
    Charbon,
    I filled the egg as I normally would, to the top of the firebox. The bars actually touched the lump when I installed them. This was for a prime rib cook, so the lenght of burn wasn`t a factor. Including a 500°-600° sear it ran for close to 3 hours and still had lump left. I guess I can`t really answer your question as to what affect it has on length of burn. If I need long burns I usually just use the large egg.[p]Wess