Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So Cal Eggfest Pics

Options
Cactus Doug
Cactus Doug Posts: 341
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First Socal eggfest done. Here are some of my pics.

Some of you may know this guy, he was there all day cookin good stuff.
Dr. BBQ
IMG_8349.jpg

Here is a pic of the mastermind at work. Thank you, the OKC gang did a great job.
Shad
IMG_8351.jpg

Here is the peoples choice winner rsmdale, his quesadillas and cheese filled sliders were a hit.
IMG_8346.jpg

Good butchers are hard to find, these guys were cookin up top quality stuff all day.
IMG_8348.jpg

The fest was at the cable airport in Upland CA. We had vintage planes flying overhead all day.
IMG_8338.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

Next year I will be back, to cook...

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Thanks for the pics Doug,Inever had the chance to get the planes in a good pic.It will be fun if we can double the cooks next year.I served over 400 pieces of food and was to busy to socialize much.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Thanks Doug for the pic's, I hope to be there next year

Ross
  • Cactus Doug
    Options
    Ross good to hear from you. How have you been? Next year I want to get to eggs by the bay fest too.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thanks Doug. Great set of pics. Glad you had fun.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Hey Dale, Great to see a pic of you. Congrats, nice work too!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Thanks for the Pics. Looks like a lot of fun. I had hoped to get to an Egg Fest near me this year but something always prevented it
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Thanks Molly,it was a blast and everyone put out great food.Hopefully we can make the CO fest next year as my wife lived there her whole life and is homesick.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • SoCalWJS
    Options
    Nice pictures!

Had a good time and it was good seeing you again. The wife and I got a bit warm/tired of the sun though and left a bit early.

- of course, that was to go to that butcher shop and pick up a couple of marinated tri-tips ($10 each :woohoo: )

We'll probably try to hit eggs by the bay again next year. Might even try to cook, but that's gonna take a bit of convincing. It's hard to come up with something different.
    South SLO County
  • So Cal EGGhead
    Options
    NICE! I was hoping that someone took a few good shots of the planes. Those were good shots, except the side view of my tired noggin!

It was good to see you there. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler next year.

Did anyone try my pulled pork at the end of the day. I put it on over there at about 10pm and started serving it at about 3pm.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Thanks for the pics Cactus Doug!

SoCalWJS wrote:
    Might even try to cook, but that's gonna take a bit of convincing.

Oh don't worry, we are working on new ways to comvince you to cook every year. LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA