Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Ribs!

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MxRibs_042200_174803.jpg
<p />Tonight's dinner consisted of refried beans, 'Red Chili Rice' and Oaxacan-Style Baby back Ribs - maybe a little too much spice - each was great alone but a little spicy when all together. [p]Anyway it was fun and the food (and the beer) was good!

[ul][li]Mexican Ribs[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Gfw,
    looks great!!
    How 'bout some corn braid to go along with it??
    Or some sort of bread...helps a lot with spicy foods...I guess it soaks up the spices off your tongue a bit![p]Man, I am hungry.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    NB, I thought that's what the beer was for - guess I'll have to wait till then. Have a great evening!

• Nature Boy
    Gfw,
    My wife and her family always taught me that liquid makes the spicy sensation stronger. You can drink a gallon of water (or beer) and still be burnin up. Cornbraid wuda gone good! And wudda cooled down some a'dat fire.[p]FWIW
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]I've read that dairy products are the best for killing a burning palate. The reason is that the dairy products somehow bond to the hot oils burning your tongue while water or, dare I say, beer only temporarily passes by the hot oils while leaving them on the tongue. This gives way to the "fanning the fire" phenomena of drinking water or beer and feeling temp relief but then that spice comes right back. I've heard that ice cream is the ultimate spice relieving food since it's dairy and REALLY cold. I guess that's why bleu cheese is often served with buffalo wings (I likey buff wings).[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    cornfed,
    Great points. I heard that about dairy products also, but, man, I forgot![p]Interesting about the bleu cheese and buff wings. Never thought of that. The bleu cheese goes incredibly with dem guys. And probably does a lot to whisk them spices down your esophogas instead of letting them sit on your tongue and do battle. [p]I want some for breakfast.[p]Happy Easter
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    cornfed,
    I'd always thought dairy quenched the fire. A traditional Mexican after dinner drink is hot chocolate made with Mexican chocolate and cream and frothed with a special frother tool. Heaven! Mexican chocolate has a little almond and cinnamon in it.[p]Mary