Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SoCal Eggfest

Options
Cactus Doug
Cactus Doug Posts: 341
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from the eggfest in Upland CA. had a great time. A good time was had by all, good people, food, music, and drinks made for a great first year event. Pictures to follow!

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Yeah man. It was a great event! Good to see everybody today.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    What great organization at this eggfest! I want to thank Shad for all the work he put into making this happen.

Details like coolers full of free sodas and water, a covered pavilion and entertainers, balloon-animal-maker for the kids, sketch artist--and there were LOTS of well behaved kids who would probably have been heat-crazed if not for these...and of course all the hard-working and generous cooks providing lots of treats for us.

Did the temperature get over 100°? I don't know, but it was fun anyway. And thanks for arranging those biplanes flying back and forth during the day!

Judy B)
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Yes I had a good time, wish I could have stayed longer, more and more people showed up as the day went on. Lots of good food and smiling faces. The planes were great.

Terry
  • So Cal EGGhead
    Options
    Thank you all for attending, and thanks for the kind words.

It was about 102 degrees I think. TOO hot!!!

I had an amazing time and wish I could have spent more time with you guys. It got a little crazy.

Because it was our first time, our internal organization was a bit rough. I learned a great deal and will have the forsight to upgrade those issues next time around. And yes, I will do it again.

The response was overwhelming and I think we were close to 220 people. If it was cooler, people may have stayed longer.

It was nice to meet you guys. Thank you again and have a great Sunday.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    Options
    Shad...
    If it's possible, could you put on the event earlier in the year or later so there won't be any episodes of Sunburns?

I had a BLAST, and I was 3 sheets to the wind when I got shuttled home,,, Wow, was that beer strong...

Joe...