Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

NB--Asian Slaw, plus other stuff...

GretlGretl Posts: 670
edited 9:20PM in EggHead Forum
Hi NB..
Following the Squid thread from yesterday, I looked up the Asian slaw recipe in the Thrill of the Grill cookbook. It had no garlic listed as an ingredient; I feel it was certainly an accidental omission or typo, so I'll certainly make up for it. I'll mix the dressing and bring the cabbage whole, so it won't be nasty. Double the recipe, do you think? I'll also bring salmon and some mustard/bourbon sauce for slathering. Maybe a few dozen pre-egged smoked oysters, maybe not depending on availability. And yes, we'll bring our instruments. I hope others want to jam, too.
Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,521
    Gretl,
    I'll be jamming! But my insrument is green!
    Some reason I remember garlic being in that recipe. Age and minds don't mix. Definitely won't hurt to put garlic in though! [p]Oooh, Salmon. Never had it with a bourbon sauce. Yum.
    Jammin with da fever.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ