Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snow Day

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
coldegg.jpg
<p />It's been snowing steadily here on the Colorado Front Range since about 7:30 this morning. I moved the egg around to the front deck to get it out of the north wind. [p]Q status:
* two slabs of baby back ribs mustard & Elder Ward rub just foiled and at stage 1 of "GFW's 3/1/1.5 Ribs" (BGE recipe book 5/25/03 WiseOne)[p]* Wings marinated & waiting for ribs to finish (KennyG "Wings, back by popular demand" BGE forum 7/14/98)[p]* Butt rubbed & waiting for 7:00 pm (OmegaBlue "My Butt Smells Good" BGE forum 10/21/03) [p]A special *kiss* to my better half Valerie, who is in Portland OR and is checking this post for pics of our snowstorm![p]
Egg is smokin' on the porch[p]egginsnow.jpg[p]Our miniature horses (Gracie and Bucky) brave the weather
eggnhorses.jpg[p]Wings, marinading[p]wings.jpg[p]The butt, with a green, sort-of-garlic, sort-of-anchovie overcoat[p]greenbutt.jpg[p]Enjoy your weekend![p]Chuck[p]

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    chuckls,[p]Looks good. I wonder how much snow we'll be getting in central NJ this year. We've certainly had enough rain and wind the past several months![p]It's somewhere in the high 60s, methinks, here today. The sky is a beautiful blue, and I'm about to go for a jog in a t-shirt and shorts. Enjoy the snow![p]Heeee,
    Cornfed

• Mike in MN
    Options
    chuckls,
    Looks Great!! The food that is, not the snow....[p]They are predicting a foot of snow for us here in the Minneapolis area.....I'm just gonna say "talk is cheap." I'm hoping it's just a scam by the local TV stations to get us watching the news casts.....Really hoping. [p]Nothing going on my BGE. My lovely wife is still working (sell sell sell) so whenever she gets home, it's "out to dinner" time.[p]Mike in MN

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Options
    chuckls,
    How about a review on the butt in the picture. It look so good I went back in the archieves and printed out the recipe.
    Mark

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Mark,[p]Will do. I'm having a problem right now with the butt, the fire went out sometime between 5:30 am (when I last checked it) and 7:30 am when I got up. I've re-fired the egg, but the butt temp is only 110. This surprises me, I thought I should be a lot closer to 180 than 110.[p]I don't think I have a problem with food safety, because everything was fine at 5:30 am, dome temp of 210. So the fire couldn't have been out for more than an hour or so. But I do wonder why the butt temp is so low.[p]Chuck
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    chuckls,
    Snow....current temp here in New Orleans...79!

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Shelby, but going to 37 tomorrow night!