Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Internal temp for pork loin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I followed some suggestions by others on this forum on the internal temp on a pork loin being 140. The loin I had was 5 lb exactly and my temp was 140+ and I let it rest for at least 30 min. The thing didn't look too rare but when you cut into it the blood was flowing pretty good. I didn't wrap it in tin foil like I usually do but looking back at the amount it appeared to be under-cooked I don't beleive that would have done it. How dry would it have been if I had a brought it to 150 and let it rest? Don't food safety people tell us not too eat pork this way , and does it sound to you guys like mine was just not as done as the meter said?

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    My first thought is check the meter. 140-145 is plenty done for pork at my house.[p]Jim
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Chet,
    It sounds like it was just right for rare pork but our moms and grandmas have scared us into not liking pork this way. [p]Blood was flowing? Raw pork does not bleed when it's cut. Medium rare pork has pink juices and that is how it should be. Pork is safely cooked at 137 degrees. 140 and resting is great stuff. Try 145 next time or even 150 but higher than that and it's going downhill fast.
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ