Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't Know What To Call It, But It's Gooood

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Late night last night and a bit hungover, actually too lazy to even try to remember where I left my truck, so dinner had to real easy. Not much too choose from, just 2 lbs ground beef with sell by 11/12 and a package of Johnsonville Oktoberfest Brats in the meat drawer, one onion and one red potato in the veggie basket, bunch of soups in the pantry. I get the idea that a nice meat pie would probably taste pretty damn good, so I poke a hole in the hamburger package to see how bad it smells. Still smells good. Toss it in the dutch oven with a vidalia onion to brown while I chop up the brats and brown them in another pan. Mix up a quick batch of cornbread, and chop up some carrots. While everything browns up nice, I get the Egg cranked to 400, and chop up that potato and toss it in with the meat and onions. Just when the ground beef gets to sticking to the pot, I add a can of Progresso Potato Broccoli and Cheese Chowder, a can of corn nibblets and a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom mixed with 1/2 water 1/2 cream. The wife walks in and asks me what I'm cooking, I answer "I have absolutely no idea". Pour in the brats, grease and all and spoon drop the cornbread mix over the top while she asks "How many (Weight Watchers) points do think that is?" I reply "well, 2 tablespoons is probably about 30 points". Into the Egg for 1 hour. Man-oh-man is this stuff good!! I'm going back for thirds![p]Cheers,
C~Q