Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon, what grid height

Options
Wino
Wino Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For Salmon filets should I use a raised grid or keep it on the fire box. Was looking for a cook on 325 with some smoke. Any suggestions on grid or temp and time.[p]Ron

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Wino,[p]I used a raised grid when making Maple Salmon. Spray a little PAM on it first and they flip real easy. I use 325 too with a little Alder chips, followed by a maple syrup and butter mixture (half/half). Try some of Nature Boys Ragin River on it, it rocks!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanx for the tip. In the past I used maple syrup on my salmon done under the broiler. Did not think to use it on the egg.[p]Ron

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Wino,
    i do mine direct at around 400 degrees with the grid in its normal position on the fire ring. . ..i rub the filets with olive oil, and depending on individual tastes (each member of my family likes something different), either dizzy pig raging river (my wife), dizzy jamaican firewalk (my son), dizzy tsunami spin (my daughter), or ken stone's gilded splinter's (me). .. [p]what i also do (and i can't remember where i heard it first, maybe raichlen), is i slice up about 4 lemons, lay the slices all over the grid, and cook the fish ontop of the lemon slices. . you don't get any grill marks this way, but you get fish that is unbelievably moist, with great flavor, and it turns real easy. .. i've also hear of people who spread green onions (scalions) all over the grid as well and grill the fish on top of them. . .