Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thoughts on a burnt table

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
This is a link to a post I made 8/15/09

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=706476&catid=1

Whole different set up coming to the new table you becha'!

Comments

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    To be clear, your table did not have a paver between the Egg and table, just the Egg sitting on Egg feet. Correct?
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Way back when, all that was recommended were the feet.

The answer to your question is yes, feet were all that sat between the Egg and the table.

The new table will have a slate paver, with feet and the Egg will sit on that with feet. It mat sound like overkill but, it will make me feel better.
  • xrayjdm
    xrayjdm Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey Sundown,

When you finish your table can I swing by and take a look? I live down the street from you (met you about a month ago through your neighbor P.F.).

I'm planning to build my own. Already bought most of the material(using left over cherry flooring for the top), but can't get a handle on the start. :unsure:
  • Ohioegghead
    Options
    I have an XL and the bottom gets very hot. (Feet don't come with an XL) I have mine sitting on fire bricks 1 1/4" and ceramic tiles, which sit on my wood table. It still gets very, very hot. Has scorched the wood. Looking for an alternative. May have to go to a nest. Hate too, but may end up being the safest route.. I would hate to be doing a long cook and being away from the house and the thing catch fire. We as a whole probably should rethink the wood thing! Just a thought! Be safe fellow egg heads!