Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stand up Chicken & the Egg

I know this is probably "old hat" for most of you, but I cooked the best chicken in the world on the egg. WAHOOOOOOOO !!![p]Just held a dome temp of 335 degrees, basted two chickens with extra virgin olive oil and put them on standing on standup roaster jigs with 3 soaked hickory chunks on the fire.[p]Continued to check the dome temp a time or two for an hour.[p]Took them off at an internal temp of 185 degrees.[p]MAGNIFICENT !!!!!

Comments

• JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    WTG, KL!!!! It's always good to hear those success stories. Now get us some pics!!! ;)[p]Jim
  • KL,[p]A trick I've learned is to put the chicken on the roaster upside down, that is to say with the neck down and the legs in the air. Doing it this way causes the fat from the dark meat to drip down over the breasts, keeping them moist.[p]Bill