Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buckboard Bacon- How long will it keep?

Pickle
Pickle Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this is salt cured and smoked, seems like that might preserve it for a bit longer than normal. Anyone have an idea on how long this will keep in the fridge?
Gave a bunch out to friends, and want to make sure they use it up before it expires.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I have kept some for 8-10 days in the frig and just as good as the first day.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    cured and salted.... well. i'm the wrong guy to ask.
    i would say they need to hurry up before it's third or fourth birthday. hahaha

if they freeze it, it's be safe twenty years from now. did you vacuum seal it? how was it wrapped?

no reason to worry about it for a month or more in a fridge that holds proper temps. that's a psychological number i'm throwing out. i think it'd be good a LOT longer than that, but folks don't tend to trust "home made" stuff that much.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante