Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non-egg practice cooking

Options
SouthernMan
SouthernMan Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I'm waiting for my bonus $$ to buy my egg (should be here in October), I have been practicing methods learned at this forum on my Smokey Joe and have impressed myself and family. Made some pork chops this evening that were so good I almost had to slap myself! Marinated them in George's Hot BBQ sauce and cooked them at 275 - 300 on indirect heat for about 90 minutes and they were great. If my results are this good with an average grill, I can't wait to get the egg. My wife is happy that I have re-discovered cooking out since the mosquitos have abated a bit.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Southern Man,
    ...just wait til that thing arrives.
    I cook at least 3 times a week. the wife loves it, and i love it too, because when i cook, i get to pick what we eat...[p]it gets so bad that you'll be disappointed that you have to go to a cookout or over someone else's house to eat.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante