Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...3M Super 77 Adhesive spray

Options
Buckdodger
Buckdodger Posts: 957
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the gasket replacement excersize with the Nomex I got from the "Mothership" last week-end. Sprayed the adhesive into a glass jar and was going to apply with a brush as I have seen suggested on the forum. The spray came out in a foamy consistancy and dried almost instantly. Not knowing how this product is supposed to look I masked the base and dome and applied the spray. So far it is holding the Nomex on OK. ? is this the experiance others have had during application ???
Thanks for your comments. :huh:
Bob
Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• porterhouse64
    Options
    I masked and sprayed also.

It was fairly easy.

The next replacement I will try painting it on.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    the "spray into a jar" idea is a new one. originally it was meant to be sprayed on the rim and felt. spraying into a jar is fine, because some preferred to apply it with a brush.

funny thing is, spraying it into a jar means you could have just gone with contact cement in the first place and not bothered to pay the premium for the sprayable variety.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Thanks for the comeback Stike...my concern was about the way the adhesive came out of the can, should it have been clear and in a liquid form instead of foamy ??
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • stike
    Options
    it is meant to be a spray, so i'm not sure how it's supposed to act when collected in a cup.

i used to use it all the time to mount drawings and it would shoot blobs of foam every now and then if the tip was getting clogged
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Thanks again Stike...I think I'm OK. Like I said it seems to be holding OK.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • stike
    Options
    it's fine. it's nothing but latex rubber, so if it went on, it shouldn't lose any holding power. there's no magic chemicals in that can other than rubber, solvents to keep it liquid, and propellant to launch it from the can. can't go "bad" really, if that's your concern