Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Makin Bacon...

Options
2»

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I have only used the high mountain. It is cheap - $10 for enough seasoning for 50 lbs. of bacon. With shipping it was $16 or so.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    the high mountain cure makes buckboard bacon from butt, or canadian bacon from loin, not sure if anyones tried it on bellyfat which is what you want for the real bacon, there were a few posts on bacon, maybe stike and someone else but not sure who.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    You need pork belly if you want regular bacon. You can buy it at oriental markets, it is inexpensive. I like pork butt because it is less fatty than pork belly.
    The pork tenderloin had no fat at all, but had that bacon taste we all like.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini