Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire Starter Packets

Options
USDA Prime
USDA Prime Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fire-Starter.gif

Ever try these? Been using them for a while now and honestly say they really do work well. They are ~2 inches square and burn for about 10 minutes. I use (2) two of them, one on each side (seems to get an even burn quicker). No sparks or burned aprons/shirts either. I get them at Kroger. If you don't have a MAAP torch or a plug-in electric starter and a chimney is a little too much trouble, these'll do just fine.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I've also been using those for some time - though I only use one per fire. Previously Char-Broil made the same thing but they have either quit or I just can't find them anymore. Being waterproof they are handy to have around.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    I use them also the chabroil brand. Bought a buch at sears store closing. Will check out kroger and see if they have them in my area.