Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Eggact table measurement...PLEASE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks all you fine folks who convinced me to go with a large vs a medium in my earlier post! My table is well underway and it takes a little of this and that from plans I've gotten here and a few of my own woodworking preferences. My question though has to do with the space between the TOP of the TOP shelf and the TOP of the bottom shelf. The only measurement I have seen is that for the large the hole is 21" in diameter and the depth should be 17"...yet the instructions go on to suggest that a concrete stepping stone be placed on the bottom shelf and then to compensate for its thickness. Does the 17" include those three liitle feet that the egg sits on or did those little feet come along later so the stone isn't needed? Thanks to anybody who helps me by measuring...I want SO BADLY to push my Ducanne into the ravine behind my home since I'm too nice to place it where the doesn't shine in the salesman who convinced me "Buy a Ducanne..it will be the LAST grill you'll EVER buy!"

Comments

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Ron Pratt,
    I added the height of a round red stepping stone to the 17" for my table and it's perfect. You don't need the feet if you use a stone. Some folks have talked about the bottom getting pretty hot, but the large stepping stone solves any worry about that and the egg is extremely stable on it. I did put an extra cross brace under the shelf just to be sure I got no flex from the weight of the egg.[p]BGE says if you put your egg on a wood surface, you should use a stepping stone to protect the wood, and the feet are for use on concrete or stone or brick surfaces. Some people use the feet on wood and say it's ok. The stepping stone is cheap, so I took thier advice. The 17" does not include the feet. [p]you will love your table.[p]Mary

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Ron Pratt,[p]There is a lonk on this web site to table plans - its pretty hard to find but I did it for you. Its under the home, products list, prices -- [p]http://BigGreenEgg.com/table-plan.htm[p]Hope that helps.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]BGE Wood Table Drawing[/ul]
  • Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Ron Pratt,
    I used a patio stone under the egg. Just measure how thick the stone is and add that to the 17 inches. In my case the total was 19 inches. Be sure not to add the additional distance so that you raise the top shelf. You will want to maintain the suggested distance from the floor to the top of the table. What you will windup with, is the bottom shelf will be a little lower (the thickness of the stone). If you want wheels don't scrimp. Get some heavy duty ones. Mr. Big is heavy himself!

• I built the table and my measurements were a little "off". I used the legs supplied and propped them up on square blocks of wood left over from the table construction. I have had 2 Ducane grills in my lifetime- I now have the BGE and have junked my Ducanes (they are overpriced and not that well built) Propane No More, there is a difference.