Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traveling Mini in Silver Lake Michigan

Options
Wanabe
Wanabe Posts: 355
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Traveling Mini is in Silver Lake Michigan. We have been here for almost two weeks. Silver Lake area is famous for its pristine sand dunes and beautiful light houses.

This is our Jeep in the Dunes at Silver Lake OHV area.

Ourjeepindunes.jpg

This is Little Sable lighthouse (pronounced Sabo) just south of town Silver Lake.

LittleSable.jpg

The next two are of Big Sable lighthouse north of the city of Ludington.

BigSablekeepershome.jpg
BigSable.jpg

This is Claudia and I in the top of Big Sable.

DCinlighthouse.jpg

I have been doing a lot of grilling here. Tonight I wanted to try some small pizzas on my platesetter “WRONG” A plate setter is not a pizza stone, at least not on my mini. I bought three Mama Mary’s 8” pizza crusts to cook. The package instructions recommended 7-10 mins at 425. I figured the platesetter would be hotter (Duh) so I cooked the first at 375. The first was charred In 4 mins. I lowered the temp to 325 and charred the second one in 4 mins. My wife suggested we cook the last on the grill placed on the platesetter. This one was great; from now on we cook mini pizzas on the grill over the setter.

minipizza2.jpg
minipizza.jpg

Comments