Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Out of commission...

2»

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Clark, so sorry to hear about your accident. I am so glad you were wearing a helmet! :) If you were in Ohio I'd send some chicken soup your way. May you have a speedy recovery. Hope you are back to egging real soon.
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    I so feel for you - I had a spiral break of the humerus of my right arm on election day (going in to vote in fact) had a compression brace that we just kept tightening up - slept in a recliner and was bored out of my skull -- if you are a reader - get a Kindle - it will save your mind - only 8 oz and one finger to turn pages - seriously.

mine sounds like yours I had a choice of surgery and plates and pins and many problems from the surgery or maybe less problems from not doing the surgery (although still problems) I went with no surgery - so now we are waiting to see if the nerve pain stays just pain or if it goes to numbness in the hands - if that happens there will be surgery to move the nerve.

anyway that was the long way around saying I so understand - oh forget about capitals and punctuation when you are typing - it makes things much easier :)

both arms ouch! :sick:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Clark.....I can imagine what you are going through.....something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago...without the broken arms....gosh....but think I'm here TKS to the helmet & protective gear....all I can say is use your time constructively...read a lot & let yourself be pampered. hope you get well soon!!
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    You reinforced two very important lessons I learned many years ago, Clark. 1. Volunteering to help out one of my wife's "groups" inevitably ends with tears. 2. Never get on a bike if you are over the age of 20.

I pray for your speedy and complete recovery.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    OUCH!!!! hang in there. maybe it is tie for her to learn the ways of the egg :)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Thanks to all my Egghead family for all the concerns and prayers!

Susan, yes I have the new kitchen. Glad all the kids are other places this weekend and I wasn't planning on cooking.

Headed to the beach in the am. Just be sittin' and soaking!

Thanks again everyone, y'all are the best !! :)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Sorry to hear about your accident Clark, sounds bad but could have been worse. Take care and rest well before you even think about egging again :P
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Dude, What the ... Man, I hope you get better! I hope you'll gain some use of you arms as time goes on. Make sure you post when you get back from vacation and let me know how you're feeling! If there's anything I can do, like talk your nurse through the egg cooking process :laugh: , let me know!
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Damn Clark. Sorry to hear about your mishap and the results. That just sucks! Hope you heal fast and get back to normal.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    sorry to hear it. very scare. a friend ahd a very bad accident in a similar way, and the helmet was smashed. saved him

hope you are feeling better soon.
    keep us posted....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Dayum dude! :ohmy: I bet you were SOBER too! :( That's the pits man.Sorry to here it.Glad it was'nt worse.All the best and a speedy recovery! ;)
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Had a similar incident a few years ago during a panic stop to avoid a car. The front brake caught first and into a tumble I went! Instinctively, I put my right hand out for protection and the wrist bone shattered when it hit the pavement. A helmet saved my skull but it took several stitches to close a split lip. The aftermath was an operation to mend the wrist with steel plates, followed by weeks of physical therapy after the cast came off. Hope you mend well!
  • Dang Clark, thats gotta hurt. Maybe the princess will assist for awhile with the Egg. Glad nothing real serious. The helments actually work who wudda thunk. :laugh: Hope you heal up fast.
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Clark,
    Well neighbor, that's a tough lick! Bet we need to postpone the "Cookin Demo" for few weeks. I'll email you, hope you can still curl a 12oz'er!
    kent
    Kent Madison MS