Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Plant

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For some strange reason, I woke up this morning thing about grilling Egg Plant. Anyone out there got any killer eggcipies?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Tim H.,
    I almost posted re: eggplant this week, since I experienced Aubergine Nirvana this past weekend.[p]I am not usually a fan of eggplant, i am mildly alleric, but I had some at a friends and did it the same way (tho on the egg it was even better).[p]simple.[p]skin an eggplant, slice it into rounds about a 1/4 inch thick. coat each side in good olive oil, and grill direct with the DOME OPEN til browned and a bit over-brown in spots. sprinkle AFTERWARD with Kosher salt.[p]the Egg keeps it supermoist. My friend's eggplant seemed to dry out more, but it was so moist on the BGE that i even had a little trouble flipping it with tongs (suggest a spatula).[p]after you try it this way, you'll probably not ever need to do anything more fancy to it to enjoy it.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Prof Dan
    Options
    Tim H.,[p]Here's my favorite roasted eggplant dip -- I tried to post this as a link, but I don't think it'll work:[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/veggies0304.htm[p]
    This is in the "veggies" portion of the "submitted recipes" area of this website.[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    This should work.
    Larry

[ul][li]Roasted Eggplant Dip[/ul]
  • Prof Dan
    Options
    YB,[p]How did you do that? I right clicked on the link and then pasted it, but it came out as text, not a link.[p]Could be because my office still uses Netscape 4.7, maybe.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]Paste it in the Optional Link URL and then put the title in the Link Title....If you don't put in a title it won't show up.
    Larry

• Poncho
    Options
    Tim H.,
    Try this:
    Cube your eggplant.
    Cut cremini mushrooms about the same size.
    peel 6-8 garlic cloves
    Quarter two onions.
    Put all of this in heavy duty foil...make a packet..
    Before you seal the packet add salt, pepper, and olive oil.[p]put the packet on your grill as it heats up for whatever the main course is. Turn continuously. After about 10 to 15 minutes. Take it off and let it sit until the rest of your dinner is cooked.[p]Yum Yum[p]poncho