Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dessert recipes

Options
Aussie_Hugh
Aussie_Hugh Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,[p]I have been looking in the recipe section for quick and easy desserts in the egg. In essence a dessert that can follow a main meal that also has been cooked in the egg. While eating the main the idea is to have a dessert cooking in the egg then pull it out when the main is finished.[p]In particular I am looking for something that childern would like, perhaps something that goes well with ice cream?[p]Any suggestions or links from the forum would be welcome.[p]Is "Pineapple Upside Down Cake" any good? If so does anyone have a BGE suitable recipe?[p]Thanks,
Hugh.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    I know there is some good pineapple non-right-side-up recipes floating around....but a favorite here (with the kids too) is MikeO's grilled pineapple recipe. Simple. Quick. And man-o-man does it go good with vanilla ice cream!![p]Beahs!
    Chris

[ul][li]MikeO's grilled sugar dipped pineapple[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mike in MN
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I immediately thought of the egged, sliced pineapple. Quick, simple and effective. The kids will eat it (with or without ice cream) although they may need a little coaxing to try it.[p] I keep mine simple, and just spritz the goodies on (without the butter) and then throw the slices on the grill. A little quicker and less hassle....How can you possibly go wrong with fresh pineapple, brown sugar, and some cinnamon? A little cardamon added is good, too.[p]Mike in MN

• Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    Beahs and beers to you Chris. Thanks for the link.
  • Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    Mike in MN,[p]Thanks for that. This is the type of thing I was after, simple and child appealing. Plenty of pineapples down my way and my eldest boys likes pineapple (the youngest is a bit fussy).[p]Cheers,
    Hugh.

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh[p]A few months back, someone (I wish I could remember who) posted a recipe for baked bananas. They split a banana down the middle without cutting all the way through and added small pats of butter and sugar/cinnamon mixture. A crumbled coconut macaroon was also added. Bake @ 350 for 20 min. or so. Great with ice cream or all alone. Kids love 'em too. Give 'em a try. You won't be disappointed.
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,[p]Pineapple upside down cake works well in the Egg. Use a pizza stone or plate setter to create a charcoal fired hearth environment. Below is a recipe that young and old love.[p]Spin
    [ul][li]Baked bananas balinese[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    Stuffed apples would go really good with ice-cream, and most everyone likes them. Basically, you partially core an apple, fill the hole with brown sugar and butter, give it a sprinkle of cinnamon, top with a marshmellow if desired, and bake them in the egg. If you would like the details let me know and I will hunt it up.[p]~nikki

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    here's a good one that can be made with either peaches or apples and the kids love it. ..[p]Apple and or Peach crisp recipe. . .[p]9X13 pan (pyrex or corning wear works real well in the egg)[p]15 apples/peaches, skinned and cut up into pan [p]2 tspoons lemon juice (spread on the apples to keep from browning). . .
    grease pan[p]in bowl, mix
    2 sticks butter
    1 ½ cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    4+ teaspoons cinnamon[p]mix together, and press on top of fruit[p]bake at 350 for one hour. . .[p]fantastic when done over the plate setter in the egg. . .[p]serve hot with vanilla ice cream. . .enjoy

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That sounds great. I have a tree full of peaches just screaming at me for recipes! Thanks for posting.
    Gretl

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Gretl,
    the peach version has been a big hit (i even made it in new holland to share with the dizzy pig team). . .and even with firm peaches, you will be surprised at how tender and juicy the dish becomes after an hour of baking. ..[p]enjoy