Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New York Strips

Options
JR
JR Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you cook a perfect New York Strip??????

Comments

• EggCamper
    Options
    JR,
    First you go buy the steaks.
    Second you bring em to me and let me have em.[p]Im sure they will be perfect, I promise. Ill let ya know .[p]Tom

• GrillMeister
    Options
    JR,[p]Check the link below for how to make the perfect steak on The Naked Whiz's site.

[ul][li]TRex's Perfect Strip[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    i concur, trex is the ONLY way to go IMHO. . .but for a slight change to his awesome directions, i stick an old cast iron pan in my egg. .. .let that heat up to lava temps with the rest of the egg, and do the sear on the cast iron (careful though, if you oiled the steaks, you will get flames and oil spitting back at you, so have long tongs and glove on) . .this really gives you a great 'crust' (but no grid marks). . .when you pull the steaks, pull the pan as well, then follow the rest of the directions. .. [p]we have found that we really prefer them this way at our house over the regular method. . .