Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Results of first cooks.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On friday, I slow smoked 40 chicken thighs. Indirect way using a plate setter(5hrs 240 dome temp). Also had the grill extender in use. In the future, I'll know to rotate the thighs on the edge that aren't protected by the plate setter. They were over cooked and dry. [p]Saturday(Sunday morning) night put on a pork butt at 1AM. Dome temp at 250. Watched it till 2:30AM and went to bed. At 7AM sunday, wife went outside and the dome was 230 so I slept a little more. Around 9AM I went out and opened the air vent and got the Dome back up to 250 and let that baby cook to 4PM and the internal temp of the butt was 198. Pulled it, wrapped in foil and put it in an ice chest till 6. Took it out and Pulled it at 6:30 and it was fantastic. This is a cooking machine. Plan to grill 16 ounce New York strips on it this evening.

Comments